Tuesday, April 22, 2014

How I got my anonymous handle

I blog anonymously using a handle given to me by Google. Why do I blog anonymously? Because I am humble and don't want the brilliance and perspicacity of my views to cause waves of adulation to return to me from my postings.

But today's revelation is how I got my handle. This is a true story. I got an email from Google one day several years ago saying that they had changed my user name. No reason was given, but because my previous user name was a simplified form of my real name perhaps they thought it was better for security. Or so I thought at the time. Nowadays lots of people have Gmail accounts with their real names on them.

Google said, "You new user name shall be 'b9brodwicz.'"

Hence, by inference I figured my first name must be "Benign."

True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment