Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Quote of the day

Via:  ft.com   Ultra-Republican apostate Bruce Bartlett sez,

Mitt Romney holds no more attraction for me than Mr McCain did. If his speech to the Republican convention on Thursday night were to display the same Romney who governed the state of Massachusetts moderately and competently, he would have my vote. But he too has sacrificed his independence to pander to the GOP’s conservative base, substituting thoughtful policies for rightwing talking points that consist of little more than tax cuts for the rich, benefit cuts for the poor and war with Iran.

Thus my dilemma: both candidates are unsatisfactory. The choice is between a continuation of policies that have not worked and different ones that almost certainly will not. I may change my mind at the last minute but as of now my only choice seems to be “none of the above”. I expect to stay home on election day.

No comments:

Post a Comment